Monday, 25 March 2013

WHY SO QUIET, BLOG? Oh, THAT's why!

Hi lovely people!

You may have noticed a distinct lack of updates for a whole -month- here. Now trust me, that wasn't because I was on some kind of holiday or just being lazy... There were things happening behind the scenes. Many things!

And it was all launched this morning!

The Elysia Kickstarter!

I have teamed up with Serena Obhrai, the writer and creator of Elysia, to illustrate an epic graphic novel in glorious full colour! You can find out more information about it by clicking the link above (plus there's a video showing us both talking about it!).

But this is a really huge step for me on a personal level. If you've followed my autobiographical webcomic Jenspiration, you'll probably be familiar with my own struggle to be a full time graphic novel artist along with paying the bills.


This kickstarter, if successful, would basically mean that I would earn a WAGE like a normal person while doing comic book work for a living! And I mean, PROPERLY for a living, not scraping by with a part time job and illustration commissions on the side to avoid slipping into debt. So yeah, this is pretty big.

In perhaps a week or so if the kickstarter seems to be doing alright, I'll have another comic related announcement for you! But I'll hold off for now due to this being so fresh and, really, anything can happen in the coming 29 days...


Love you guys, and stay classy! <3

1 comment: